Monday, January 31, 2005

Monday Morning Report on Monday Mornings

Monday mornings are an act of cruelty. Ok, maybe that is an overstatement. Everything feels overstated on a Monday. I woke up to my alarm but must have dozed off. Luckily my cat made an unusually stinky deposit in her litter which woke me up. I had only slept for 5 minutes. Thank you stinky kitty!
I race to get ready as I have a bus to catch. A bus that waits for no one whether it is early or on time.
I have to feed the cat. Done. Where did I put my eye glasses? Searching ensues. Found. Oh no, I left my hat at my parent's house. I know I have one somewhere in here. Located. Race out the door. Lock the door. Look at my feet. I've put on my running shoes instead of my work shoes. What is wrong with me?
I run wheezing and out of breath to the bus stop. My scarf is unwinding itself. Somehow, nothing short of a miracle, I make it in time for the bus. I get a good seat. Or so I think. When I stand up later I realize some evil being has deposited their gum on it. Why do people do this?
I'm now at my office. Something is making a horrible buzzing noise. It could possibly drive me insane. I've made a request to have it looked at. Next September is looking good. If they can fit it in. Again, an overstatement on my part.

And that my friends, is a Monday Morning.

No comments: