Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Half a year without a posting!

I apologize to all my adoring fans for not keeping my posts up-to-date. I admit it... I have failed you.

It has been a busy year. I met my soon-to-be-husband in January 2005 but we didn't start dating until early September. He took me to Calgary during the last week of December to meet his family. I was thrilled to revisit Banff for an overnight stay. Unfortunately, my flu bug kicked in while we searched for a parking spot on the main street. We had lunch in the hopes that my queasiness would pass. I had Miso soup and Daikon salad. Oishikatta! We went for a drive around Banff Springs Hotel and I made an executive decision. Get me the #$&% out of here before I hurl! And that ended our Banff experience! Turns out if we'd gone into the hotel as planned we would have witnessed the wedding of figure skaters Jamie Sale and David Pelletier.

At the end of January, my boyfriend took me to Walt Disney World for a 4-day trip. I haven't been there since I was a child. It was a wonderful trip full of that Disney magic EXCEPT for the fact that I was again very sick with a chest and head cold. By the middle of the second day I had developed a fever of 104 deg. F. This time I had to be taken to the clinic in Orlando. Turns out I had full blown pneumonia in my left lung. Despite this setback, my boyfriend still chose to propose marriage. I said Yes!!!!!

So, the last few months have been a flurry of wedding planning activity.

After the wedding on July 8, we'll leave for a 2 week vacation to Paris and Loire Valley. This will be my first visit to Europe.

I promise to blog more. I found a draft of a posting from November regarding a concert my fiance and I attended. I'll finish writing it eventually and post it here.

Tootles!

No comments: